How To Get A White Background in Video
Would you like your videos to look more professional? Would you like to know how to get a white background in video? After watching the video above, you’ll be able to make your own videos that look just as professional. Maybe even better!
Further down this page I’ve included the exact links to where I found each item online, so you can setup your own recording studio.
The background that works the best is paper. What you see in this picture is a 9 1/2 foot wide roll of bright white paper that you can get at any photo supply store. If you want your studio to be mobile like mine, you’ll need a vehicle that you can fit something that’s 9 1/2 feet long.
As you watch the above video, you may be surprised to learn that the camera used to film it was an iPhone . In the video, I demonstrate a setting that makes a bright white background.
As long as your iPhone is a 4S or newer, or if you have another phone with similar features, you can create video with a bright white background.
Here is the trick:
Turn on the 2 soft boxes that are pointing at you, and leave the 4 background soft boxes turned off.
Touch the screen and hold for a couple seconds until the lighting and focus lock.
Watch for a yellow box to appear and bounce twice, and then indicate that the focus and lighting are locked.
You can now turn on your background lights and you’ll see that the background becomes bright white.
*Another quick tip, if the person in the video screen looks a bit washed out at this point, you can turn off a bulb or two in the 2 front soft boxes to get the lighting perfect.
Everything I used to film this video:
- 6 Softbox Lights with Stands: Set of 3 for $160 (I use 2 of these) – http://goo.gl/qRT5aI
- Sony Vegas Studio: $98 – http://goo.gl/9WRMn2
- Photography Backdrop Stand: Only $63 – http://goo.gl/BQKUcp
- A 9.5′ wide roll paper from local photo supply store: $60
- An iPad Mini to use for your teleprompter: $329 – http://goo.gl/4trDmH
- An iPad App called “Teleprompt+”
- A teleprompter case: http://reallycheapteleprompter.com/14g/
- You can use one of the extra light stands that come with the soft boxes for the teleprompter.
- A tripod and mount for your camera My favorite Digital Recorder (for Audio): http://goo.gl/aBuZy3
- A Great Little Lapel Microphone: http://goo.gl/FdE0hf
Tuesdays & Thursdays are my favorites!
Why?? Because I get to show YOU new videos of HOW-TO GUIDES, VIDEO MARKETING IDEAS, or some AWESOME YOUTUBE TIPS AND TRICKS!
Don’t miss out. Join us and subscribe to my YouTube channel today!